About this Notice
For the purposes of this Notice, ISTARI means ISTARI Global Limited and certain of its associates whose affairs ISTARI Global Limited oversees and helps to manage, namely its immediate parent company, ISTARI Pte. Limited, and certain of that company’s other wholly-owned subsidiaries being ISTARI Global (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., ISTARI Investments Holdings Pte. Ltd, ISTARI International (US) LLC and ISTARI International (UK) Limited (in all cases including any foreign branches and permanent establishments). “ISTARI” means any or all of the ISTARI entities as the context permits.
We may amend this cookie notice at any time, and all changes will be made on this page. The changes will take effect once they have been posted on the Website. This cookie notice was last updated on 16/01/2023.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files used to store information on web browsers, such as anonymous unique identifiers. Cookies are created when your browser loads our Website. The Website sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Every time you return to our Website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to our Website servers. Cookies are widely used by organisations to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices.
We also use other tracking technologies, including web beacons and/or pixel tags, for similar purposes, including collecting data stored on your web browser or device and identifiers associated with your device and other software. In this Notice, we refer to all of these technologies as “Cookies”. For further information about our personal information protection and related privacy practices, please consult our Privacy Notice.
What types of Cookies do we use, and what information do they collect?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are required to enable core Website functionality. These Cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through the Website and to use some of its features. They perform functions like ensuring the Website pages load quickly and preventing any fraudulent payment activity. When you visit the Website, strictly necessary will be automatically set on your device. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies. However, core Website functionalities will be disabled and may not work as a result.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies are used to collect technical information about your use of the Website, including the number of visits, the date/time of your last visit, the number of pages visited, whether or not e-mail communications are opened, which parts of our Website or e-mail communications are clicked on, the length of time between clicks, and traffic sources. They allow us to improve and optimize your experience with, and the general performance of, our Website. They also help us to know which Website pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous.
- Targeting Cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners (see Cookies Placed by Third Parties). Third Parties may use these to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other websites that you may visit. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, adverts may still be displayed to you, but these will be generic and not targeted to you based on your online activity.
- Functional Cookies are not essential nor otherwise Strictly Necessary but are used to enable various helpful features on our Website. For example, they may collect information about your interaction with the Website and remember your preferences (e.g., language, font size, and other Website or browser settings) and interests. We do not currently use Functional Cookies on our Website.
- Social Media Cookies: These Cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on our Website or when you engage with ISTARI content through social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Meta (formerly “Facebook”). These Cookies collect information about your social media interaction with the Website, such as whether or not you have an account with the social media site and whether you are logged in to it when you interact with our Website content. This information may be linked to targeting and/or advertising activities. We do not currently use Social Media Cookies on our Website.
First and Third-party Cookies
First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by our Website. ISTARI uses first-party cookies to, for example, to better understand your use of the Website. With respect to the use of first-party Cookies on our Website, ISTARI acts as the Data Controller in relation to European data subjects.
Controlling and Opting Out of Cookies
Our Website uses a number of First-Party (ISTARI) and Third-Party Cookies. Strictly necessary cookies do not require your consent.
For performance/analytics and targeting cookies, you can: (i) select whether you wish to allow ISTARI and Third Parties to place cookies on the device that you use to access our Website (and if so, the types of Cookies); and (ii) save your preferences for future visits though you may amend your preferences at any time either by clicking the relevant buttons on our Website Cookie banner (which is displayed each time you visit the home page of our Website) or returning to this Notice and updating your preferences below. You can also choose to access our Website in private or “incognito” mode, in which case any preferences that you have selected will only apply whilst the browsing window is open, and none of your browsing history, cookies and/or site data will be saved to your device.
Your browser or device may also offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and allow you to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our (and other) websites, applications, and online services. To find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers please see the links below:
If you have questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact the ISTARI Data Protection Manager by post at ISTARI Global Limited, 8 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PD, United Kingdom, EC4A 4AB, or by e-mail to [email protected].